Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Photo by Katelyn McLamb

Photo by Katelyn McLamb

Photo by Katelyn McLamb

This summer many students will be returning back home with nothing to do. Other students will be taking more classes to stay on track for graduation or doing internships to get experience in their field. But that still leaves weekends or days where you may have nothing to do.

Don’t waste these days, go out and experience something new. Here are 5 things to do this summer right here in North Carolina.

First, there are a coastline of beaches, the closest being Carolina Beach at 2 hours away, which also includes the NC Aquarium not too much farther down the road. For just $11 you can meet a rare albino alligator named Luna and experience the unique habitat and wildlife stretching from the Cape Fear River all the way into the ocean.

Second, we are also only 3 hours away from the beautiful NC mountains. Which are also home to the Biltmore Estate in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Here you can tour the beautiful estate, its gardens, and the 8,000 acres of land surrounding it.

Third, is the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro, the world’s largest natural habitat zoo. You will be able to leave with a taste of what it is like to be in an African Safari and experience all the habitats that North America offers from desert to swamp land.

If you are looking to stay more local then the North Carolina Museums of Science and History may be more up your alley. Right here in downtown you can jump through space and time and go back to see how the pioneers lived. Or fight through the Civil War. Before heading over to the science museum to walk with dinosaurs.

“I love going to the museums, not only are they full of informations, but they’re free to the public,” said freshman at William Peace University, Jordan Criswell.  

Lastly, you can go catch a baseball game with the Durham Bulls. Right outside of Raleigh the Bulls are a minor league baseball team that like to keep the games fun and active with fans. They’re known for baseball, but famous for fun. So go out, get a hot dog, and enjoy a night of fun in downtown Durham.

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Peace News

WPU Pacers in the Pool

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Peace News

WPU Black History Month Film Festival/Movie Party

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Peace News

Pacers Go Nuts for Peanut Week

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Peace News

Pacers Face Angels a Second Time

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Peace News

WPU Production of “Five Women Wearing the Same Dress”

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Video

Do You Know the Black Panther?

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Peace News

WPU Student Fights SB 145

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Peace News

A Prime Location for Amazon

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Peace News

High Hopes for New History at Peace

• Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break

Entertainment

Plan Your Weekend: Feb. 10-12

Don’t Be Bored This Summer Break