New Editor-in-Chief Seeks Student Input

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Editor-in-Chief Seeks Student Input

Mary Kubeny, Editor-in-Chief, a Peace senior studying Communication and Public Relations, speaking in front of a class.

Mary Kubeny, Editor-in-Chief

Welcome back Peace students, faculty and staff!

There are a million things to love about William Peace University. The campus is beautiful, there are some amazing professors who truly care and we benefit from being a part of the downtown Raleigh community; most students here on campus would agree to all of that.

However, no institution can realistically maintain 100% satisfaction. Inevitably, there have been some complaints about certain classes or university decisions over the years. Other students have felt their major or campus organization is underrepresented around campus.

Every student has a different Peace experience but we should all have opportunities to share our feedback about that experience. Attending Peace the past four years has provided me with infinite chances to learn and experience different professional opportunities, including my involvement with The Peace Times. This semester as I lead our media team and we work together to produce our semi-annual print edition, I would like to encourage students to reach out to staff writers and myself for The Peace Times with anything you feel like should be shared with our community.

No matter how big or small the club, complaint or even compliment that you may have we would love to hear all of your ideas and suggestions. We are here to represent you! Together we can celebrate our successes or investigate where we would all like to see improvement.

Interested in reaching out to us? Here are a few options you have:

• Submit an anonymous story idea or issue to research or a signed letter to the editor to myself at the email below or our Adviser at [email protected].
  • Another great option is to reach out to us by commenting on our social media accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and Facebook!

This semester we hope to continue and grow our newsroom to report honestly and effectively on what matters most to you.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Mary Kubeny

[email protected]

• New Editor-in-Chief Seeks Student Input

Opinion

Perks of Having a Dog in College

Opinion

Dad Jokes for Jesus in Blowing Rock, North Carolina

Opinion

8 Reasons To Love William Peace University

Opinion

Viva Las Vegas!

Opinion

10 Things to Remember During Finals

Opinion

Being the Media at the Fair

Opinion

Giving Thanks After Thanksgiving

• Opinion

Kanye Meets Trump

• Opinion

Food

The Station: More Bang for Your Buck

New Editor-in-Chief Seeks Student Input