Hooray! Black Friday!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hooray! Black Friday!

Alexandra Garrison

Now that it is officially fall and that Halloween is over, it is time to start thinking about Thanksgiving and the events that follow it. Black Friday is one huge event that is held the day after Thanksgiving. It is known as the first day of the traditional Christmas shopping season, on which retailers offer special reduced prices.

The term “Black Friday” comes from the idea of stores going “into the black” or making their first large profits of the season with all the people spending money like crazy for the holiday sales. For some, the events start right after Thanksgiving dinner and continue on until the next night. Cyber Monday is also something that is a big deal over the Thanksgiving holiday, but instead the shopping takes place online.

Many people take advantage of the many deals that take place in all different types of stores, but sometimes knowing where to go and where the best deals are is the hardest part.

Most large department, electronic, and everything stores (such as Target and Walmart) always have deals of some sort each and every year on Black Friday and on Cyber Monday.

Usually stores are open late on Thanksgiving day and they then stay open past normal hours and instead throughout the night and then open again the next day on Black Friday. For example, Target opens at 6pm on Thanksgiving and stays open until midnight, and then is reopened on Friday at 6am until midnight.

Here are some of the best and biggest present ideas for this Black Friday and soon to be Holiday season!

• Apple Watch Series 3: Estimated $329.99-$799.99 (Target, Walmart, Kohl’s, Apple Store,etc)
  • Amazon Second Generation Echo/Dot: Estimated $69.99-$99.99 (Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Best Buy, etc.)
  • Roku 2017: Estimated $69 (Target, Best Buy, etc.)
  • Amazon 4K Fire: Estimated $69.99 (Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.)
  • Skullcandy Grind Wireless: Estimated $54.99-$89.99 (Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.)
  • FujifIlm Instax Mini 7S/8/9 Camera: Estimated $59.99-$69.99 (Walmart, Kohl’s, Target, Joann, Michael’s)
  • Birkenstocks: Estimated $59.99-$140.00 (Journey’s, Kohl’s, Amazon, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, etc.)
  • Converse: Estimated $45.00-$130.00 (Converse Store, Nike, etc.)
  • Hooray! Black Friday!

Features

Dressing With Class For Class

• Hooray! Black Friday!

Features

2018 Holiday Events in the Triangle

• Hooray! Black Friday!

Features

International Festival Brought Cultures Together

• Features

Favorite Fall Tradition Returns

• Hooray! Black Friday!

Features

NC State Fair is Almost Here

• Hooray! Black Friday!

Features

Satisfy your Taste Buds at a New Attraction: Food Halls

• Hooray! Black Friday!

Features

Fall Favorites

• Hooray! Black Friday!

Features

La Fiesta del Pueblo Comes to Downtown

• Hooray! Black Friday!

Features

Man’s Best Friend in College?

• Hooray! Black Friday!

Features

Prepare Yourself for Florence

Hooray! Black Friday!